CALL FOR LATE-BREAKER ABSTRACTS
LATE-BREAKER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 8, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PST
The American Academy of Health Behavior invites invites late-breaker abstracts to be submitted for research poster presentations at the annual meeting from March 4-7, 2018 in Portland, Oregon. Late-breaker abstracts are expected to report high-quality and novel research. This year's meeting theme, An Equity Approach to Health Behavior Innovations, recognizes the influence of social and structural contexts on health and health behavior. To achieve health equity is to attain the highest level of health for all people. Examples of broad topics related to this year's theme include:
- A focus on underserved and socially disadvantaged populations
- Social determinants of health
- Tracking, measuring, and documenting health inequities
- Etiology and root causes of inequities
- Culturally relevant health promotion and intervention strategies
- Multi-stakeholder approaches to eliminating health inequities
- Access to health resources and healthcare
We particularly encourage submissions that are related to the meeting theme. Abstracts related to other health behavior topics are also welcome for submission. Only quantitative and qualitative research-based abstracts that report complete results will be considered.
Both members and non-members are encouraged to submit abstracts for the meeting.