|Editor-in-Chief:||Editor Name, Editor Institution|
|Editors:||Editor Name, Editor Institution|
|Editor Name, Editor Institution|
Health Behavior Research (HBR) is the official journal of the American Academy of Health Behavior (AAHB). Published four-times per year, HBR is a peer-reviewed open-access scholarly journal that publishes original research articles, current issues papers, commentaries, and abstracts from the annual meeting of the Academy.
2018 AAHB Annual Scientific Meeting
“An Equity Approach to Health Behavior Innovations”
March 4-7, 2018
Join us in Portland, OR!
Health Behavior Research is dedicated to the translation of research to advance policy, program planning, and/or practice relevant to behavior change. This aim is accomplished by publishing scholarly works from basic and applied scientists that rigorously apply, test, and inform efforts to revise, refine, or reject theoretical principles. More specifically, preference will be given to works that:
- Test theoretical principles across a diverse array of settings and populations to enable investigators to better specify the scope of a theory;
- Further develop processes that shape primary constructs identified in health behavior theories to inform guidelines for strategies to target constructs in policy, planning, and practice;
- Address the causal processes invoked by mediators and moderators that inform theory refinement;
- Provide empirical evidence that informs researchers about the potential factors that lack predictive and explanatory health behaviors so as to refine and reduce the number of constructs within existing theories that predict and explain health behavior;
- Provide rationale for theory refinement based on application and rigorous testing.
- Address new and emerging concepts and theory used in health behavior research, conceptual frameworks, methods, and analyses.
For more information about AAHB, and becoming a member, please visit the academy’s website at www.aahb.org.
Current Issue: Volume 1, Number 1 (2017)
2018 AAHB Annual Scientific Meeting - “An Equity Approach to Health Behavior Innovations”
M. Renée Umstattd Meyer
The Future of Health Behavior Research and Training: A Modified Delphi Study
Jay E. Maddock, M. Renée Umstattd Meyer, Adam Barry, and Brian Colwell
Do injunctive and descriptive normative beliefs need a value-laden multiplier in value expectancy models? A Case Series Across Multiple Health Behaviors
Paul Branscum, Maria Collado Rivera, Grace Fairchild, and Katie Qualls Fay
Relationship of Self-Determination Theory Constructs and Physical Activity and Diet in a Mexican American Population in Nueces County, Texas
Joan E. Cowdery, Jiawei Xing, Brisa N. Sanchez, Kathleen M. Conley, Ken Resnicow, Lewis B. Morgenstern, and Devin L. Brown
The American Academy of Health Behavior 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting: "Health Behavior Research in the Age of Personalized Medicine"
AAHB Board and 2017 Conference Committee
Reflections on 15 years in the global tobacco trenches
Kenneth D. Ward