Proposal Selection Criteria
Attendees at the Academic Chairpersons Conference want to be engaged and involved in the sessions they attend. They value discussion and the opportunity to exchange new ideas with other chairs.
A limited number of proposals will be selected for presentation. A review committee selects proposals based on the following criteria:
- Clear and concise description of the presentation and the points that will be made to chairpersons
- Applicability to a broad audience, e.g., multiple disciplines, different institutional and department sizes
- Evidence that the presentation will be of value to the audience, e.g., personal experience, research, knowledge of the literature
- Practical recommendations that will be made to chairpersons
- Appropriate scope and focus for session type selected and time allotted
- Description of interactive activities that will be incorporated into the session and used to engage audience
The selection committee reserves the right to edit abstracts and titles for the conference materials and may request a change in presentation type to fit program needs.