Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Educational Considerations
This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to final manuscript submission to Educational Considerations.
The American Psychological Association (APA) Manual of Style, 7th edition, is the editorial style required. Authors may select from two citation systems: note (footnote) or author-date, as described in Chapters 14 and 15 of the manual, titled "Documentation I" and "Documentation II," respectively. For note style, footnotes with full details of the citation should be listed at the end of the manuscript. No bibliography is needed.
NOTE: Where available, DOIs (digital object identifiers) for citations must be provided and hotlinked in the Word document. As a member of CrossRef, our publisher, New Prairie Press, is required to include DOIs. Use the free DOI lookup on CrossRef's website to check your citations.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers. These will be added by the editors.
- Write your article in English (unless the journal expressly permits non-English submissions).
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, graphs, appendices, etc., as a single file (Word or RTF). Keep tables, etc., simple.
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1 inch, including your tables and figures.
- Single space your text.
- Use a single column layout.
- Title: 18 pt Times New Roman, bold, flush left; first letters of all key words uppercase
- Authors' names: 14 pt Times New Roman, bold italics, flush left, all in one row (ex: Tom Smith, Bob Jones, and Bill Smith; OR ex: Tom Smith and Bob Jones)
- Main Body: 12 pt. Times New Roman, single space, flush left, no paragraph indent; one line space between paragraphs
- Headings within the articles: 12 pt. Times New Roman, single space, bold. Line space before and after heading
- Subheadings - same as Headings, but period after word(s). No paragraph break.
- Footnotes: 10 pt. Times New Roman
- References: 12 pt. Times New Roman, single space (i.e., no lines of space between references cited.)
- Author bio: Add this following the References. 12 pt. Times New Roman, single space, italic. Ex: Lotta Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org) is an associate professor of the Department of Curriculum & Instruction, College of Education, at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS. Follow her on Twitter @lottalarson2.
- No page breaks between references, appendices, and article body.
- Proofread your manuscript.