Health Behavior Research (HBR) is the official journal of the American Academy of Health Behavior (AAHB). Published four-times per year, HBR is a peer-reviewed open-access scholarly journal that publishes original research articles, current issues papers, commentaries, and abstracts from the annual meeting of the Academy.
Health Behavior Research is dedicated to the translation of research to advance policy, program planning, and/or practice relevant to behavior change. This aim is accomplished by publishing scholarly works from basic and applied scientists that rigorously apply, test, and inform efforts to revise, refine, or reject theoretical principles. More specifically, preference will be given to works that:
- Test theoretical principles across a diverse array of settings and populations to enable investigators to better specify the scope of a theory;
- Further develop processes that shape primary constructs identified in health behavior theories to inform guidelines for strategies to target constructs in policy, planning, and practice;
- Address the causal processes invoked by mediators and moderators that inform theory refinement;
- Provide empirical evidence that informs researchers about the potential factors that lack predictive and explanatory health behaviors so as to refine and reduce the number of constructs within existing theories that predict and explain health behavior;
- Provide rationale for theory refinement based on application and rigorous testing.
- Address new and emerging concepts and theory used in health behavior research, conceptual frameworks, methods, and analyses.
For more information about AAHB, and becoming a member, please visit the academy’s website at www.aahb.org.
Current Issue: Volume 6, Number 4 (2023) Mentorship to Enhance Health Behavior Research
Alcopops Disproportionately Consumed by Minors in Sexual Assault Cases
Matthew E. Rossheim, Kwynn M. Gonzalez-Pons, Kayla Tillett, Ryan D. Treffers, Pamela J. Trangenstein, Jennifer Lerch, Faye Taxman, Kaylin Greene, Cassidy LoParco, and David H. Jernigan
Associations between Delta-8 THC and Four Loko retail availability in Fort Worth, Texas
Cassidy R. LoParco, Sofia Olsson, Vishaldeep Sekhon, Kayla K. Tillett, Robert A. Yockey, Melvin D. Livingston, Pamela J. Trangenstein, and Matthew E. Rossheim
Psychometric Properties of the Adolescent and Young Adult Men – Health Indicators Scale (AYAM-HIS)
Michael J. Rovito, Shari Dworkin, Keri Allen, Kathy E. Rovito, and Sydney Martinez
Adverse Childhood Experiences and Current Cannabis Use among U.S. Young Adults
Afolakemi C. Olaniyan, Keith A. King, Laura A. Nabors, and Ashley L. Merianos
Strategy for Expanding Nutrition Professionals’ Competency: A Pilot Case Study in Dissemination and Implementation Science Training
Ayron E. Walker, Elizabeth A. Claydon, Samantha E. Scarneo-Miller, Daniel Totzkay, and Melissa D. Olfert
Overcoming hesitancy to submit manuscripts for peer review
Tyler Prochnow, Bobbie L. Johannes, Ashley L. Merianos, Juanita-Dawne R. Bacsu, and Matthew L. Smith