|Editor-in-Chief:||Editor Name, Editor Institution|
|Editors:||Editor Name, Editor Institution|
|Editor Name, Editor Institution|
Health Behavior Research (HBR) is the official journal of the American Academy of Health Behavior (AAHB). Published four-times per year, HBR is a peer-reviewed open-access scholarly journal that publishes original research articles, current issues papers, commentaries, and abstracts from the annual meeting of the Academy.
Health Behavior Research is dedicated to the translation of research to advance policy, program planning, and/or practice relevant to behavior change. This aim is accomplished by publishing scholarly works from basic and applied scientists that rigorously apply, test, and inform efforts to revise, refine, or reject theoretical principles. More specifically, preference will be given to works that:
- Test theoretical principles across a diverse array of settings and populations to enable investigators to better specify the scope of a theory;
- Further develop processes that shape primary constructs identified in health behavior theories to inform guidelines for strategies to target constructs in policy, planning, and practice;
- Address the causal processes invoked by mediators and moderators that inform theory refinement;
- Provide empirical evidence that informs researchers about the potential factors that lack predictive and explanatory health behaviors so as to refine and reduce the number of constructs within existing theories that predict and explain health behavior;
- Provide rationale for theory refinement based on application and rigorous testing.
- Address new and emerging concepts and theory used in health behavior research, conceptual frameworks, methods, and analyses.
For more information about AAHB, and becoming a member, please visit the academy’s website at www.aahb.org.
Current Issue: Volume 4, Number 1 (2021)
Aerobic Physical Activity Participation and Correlates of Participating in Muscle Strengthening Physical Activity: A Cross-Sectional Analysis
Anthony McGaughey, Victor Andrews, Jason T. Sartor, Grace Fairchild Saidi, Katie M. Heinrich, and Paul Branscum
Physical Activity Behavior Comparisons Between Adults With and Without Type 1 Diabetes
Cassandra M. Beattie, Jesse A. Stein, and Katie Heinrich
Health Vulnerability Model for Latinx Sexual and Gender Minorities: Typologies with Socioeconomic Stability, Health Care Access, and Social Characteristics Indicators
Alice Ma, Jennifer Toller Erausquin, Amanda E. Tanner, Eunyoung Y. Song, Manuel Garcia, Jorge Alonzo, Lilli Mann-Jackson, and Scott D. Rhodes
Anxiety Sensitivity and Fast-Food Ordering Habits Among Black Adults
Vijay Nitturi, Tzu-An Chen, Michael J. Zvolensky, Lorna H. McNeill, Ezemenari M. Obasi, and Lorraine R. Reitzel
Beliefs about Social Distancing During COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Orders: A Theory-Based Salient Belief Elicitation
Christopher Owens, Nicole Struble, Joseph M. Currin, Zachary Giano, and Randolph D. Hubach
Who Should Decide? Decision-Making Preferences for Primary HPV Testing for Cervical Cancer Screening Among U.S. Women
Erika L. Thompson, Ashvita Garg, Katharine J. Head, Stacey B. Griner, Annalynn M. Galvin, and Tracey E. Barnett
Depression and Sexual Risk Behaviors among Rural-to-urban Migrants in China: The Moderating Roles of Acculturation and Social Capital
Chengbo Zeng, Xiaoming Li, Hongfei Du, Yunyu Xiao, and Danhua Lin
Should We Be Confident in Published Research? A Case Study of Confidence Interval Reporting in Health Education and Behavior Research
Adam E. Barry, Jovanni Reyes, Leigh Szucs, Patricia Goodson, and Danny Valdez