Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Health Behavior Research
This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to final manuscript submission to Health Behavior Research.
- The title page should include the article title and author byline(s) centered. For example: [Title] John Smith, Phd, MPH, FAAHB, FAED University of South Florida
- Do not include page numbers, headers or footers. These will be automatically generated and reflected on published papers.
- The Short Title (on the submission form) must be entered in ALL CAPS.
- Write your article in English (unless the journal expressly permits non-English submissions).
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file (Word, or RTF files are accepted).
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- Use a single column layout with both left and right margins justified.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1 inch (25 mm), including your tables and figures.
- Single-space your text using Times New Roman 12-point for text and tables.
- Arial font should be used for figures.
- Boldface is permitted for headings only.
- If figures are included, use high-resolution figures, preferably encoded as encapsulated PostScript (eps).
- Copyedit your manuscript.
- When possible, there should be no pages where more than a quarter of the page is empty space.
- Where available, DOIs (digital object identifiers) for citations must be provided and hotlinked in the Word document. As a member of CrossRef, our publisher, New Prairie Press, is required to include DOIs. Use the free DOI lookup on CrossRef's website to check your citations.