Symphony in the Flint Hills, Inc. works to heighten appreciation and knowledge of the tallgrass prairie. Symphony in the Flint Hills’ Field Journals celebrate the history, culture and ecology of the last stand of the Tallgrass Prairie through art, essays, and poetry. Each book is lovingly designed to showcase a specific location and theme. To order hard copies, go to shop.symphonyintheflinthills.org or visit our retail store at 331 Broadway, Cottonwood Falls, KS.
The Field Journals are made possible in part with funding from the Fred C. and Mary R. Koch Foundation.
Special thanks to the Chapman Center for Rural Studies at Kansas State University.
Browse the contents of Symphony in the Flint Hills Field Journal:
- 2018 - Waterways (Larry Patton, editor)
- 2017 - Chisholm Trail (Larry Patton, editor)
- 2016 - Future of the Flint Hills (Larry Patton, editor)
- 2015 – Grasslands of the World (Jim Hoy, Larry Patton, Marty White, Editors)
- 2014 – Flint Hills Land, Sky, and People (Cathy Hoy, Jim Hoy, Marty White, Editors)
- 2013 – Fort Riley, Kansas (Bonnie Lynn-Sherow, Editor)
- 2012 – The Prairie: Its Seasons and Rhythms (Laurie J. Hamilton, Editor)
- 2011 – Freedom’s Frontier in the Flint Hills (Laurie J. Hamilton, Editor)
- 2010 – Ranching on the Tallgrass Prairie (Marty White, Editor)
- 2009 – Discovering this Place (Marty White, Editor)