About International Symposium for Innovative Teaching and Learning
Our Symposium is a three-day meeting focusing on teaching excellence in higher education. Through workshops, presentations, panel discussions, and observations, attendees will immerse themselves in learning what it means to be a great collegiate teacher. Also included in this Symposium will be a collaboration and sharing of ideas and practices about teaching and learning between professors in Chinese Universities and universities in the US. The peer-reviewed papers and poster presentations will be included in a publication from New Prairie Press. Those who attend will receive a certificate of participation. It is our goal that after the symposium, participants will return to their colleges and universities and share information which will ultimately make a positive impact on student learning.
Why should you come?
- Learning about innovative trends in education applicable to many curricular areas in higher education.
- Listening to experts discuss their work in higher education.
- Establishing collaborations with new colleagues from the Symposium resulting in publications, possibly shared research opportunities and continued partnerships in higher education.
- Sharing best practices and research findings in collegiate teaching.
- Understanding the general teaching theories, pedagogies and using them in your particular specialties.
- Presenting and engaging with colleagues from other cultures with possible publication.
- Networking opportunities with professional colleagues from other universities.
- Receiving a certificate of participation and professional development at the close of the Symposium.
- Being part of an exciting global learning experience for teachers at universities in China and the US.
Who should attend?
- Graduate Students
- Government officials involved in education
- Anyone interested in improving and furthering the impact of colleges and universities in our countries.