Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station contribution; no. 10-103-S; Report of progress (Kansas State University. Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service); 1021; Dairy Day, 2009; Dairy; Dairy facilities; Land requirements


Existing blueprints were used to estimate land requirements for new dairy facilities. The average land requirement for constructing a new dairy complex with freestall housing and a new parlor is 915 ft2 per lactating cow. Approximately 52% of the overall land space is used for dairy operations including a milk center, housing, transfer lanes, vehicle roads, a feed center, and a manure processing center. The remaining 48% is green space, areas between buildings or along driveways, and separation distance from main roads and neighboring property.; Dairy Day, 2009, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, 2009; Dairy Research, 2009 is known as Dairy Day, 2009

Included in

Dairy Science Commons


Rights Statement

In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted.

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.