About This Journal
The Journal of Applied Communications is the premiere publication addressing developments in theory, practice, and teaching pertaining to agricultural communication. The emphasis of all manuscripts is the exploration of communication processes, producers, messages, products, audiences, and/or effects. Articles connecting theory and practice are valued. Scholarly manuscripts submitted to this journal undergo rigorous double-blind peer review.
Aims & Scope
- Publishes original research addressing communication topics related to agriculture, food, natural resources, life, and human sciences.
- Communication is broadly defined to encompass approaches in journalism, strategic communication, public relations, advertising, marketing, visual communication, popular media, outreach, institutional communication, and international communication.
- Additionally, articles that address the scholarship of teaching and learning in agricultural communications are appropriate.
- The journal accepts articles that use empirical-analytic, interpretive, and historical approaches, as well as research advancing methodologies.
- In addition to original research, JAC publishes commentaries - both scholarly and professional - that address pertinent topics and reviews of books, software, and other technologies.