About This Journal
The Journal of Applied Communications is the premiere publication addressing developments in theory, practice, and teaching pertaining to agricultural communication. The emphasis of all manuscripts is the exploration of communication processes, producers, messages, products, audiences, and/or effects. Articles connecting theory and practice are valued. Scholarly manuscripts submitted to this journal undergo rigorous double-blind peer review.
The Journal of Applied Communications is published by the Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Life and Human Sciences (ACE). ACE is an association of communication professionals and scholars dedicated to the professional development of its members. ACE’s members are faculty, staff, and students at land-grant and similar institutions focusing on the communication of agriculture, the environment, and family and youth issues.
Aims & Scope
- Publishes original research addressing communication topics related to agriculture, food, natural resources, life, and human sciences.
- Communication is broadly defined to encompass approaches in journalism, strategic communication, public relations, advertising, marketing, visual communication, popular media, outreach, institutional communication, and international communication.
- Additionally, articles that address the scholarship of teaching and learning in agricultural communications are appropriate.
- The journal accepts articles that use empirical-analytic, interpretive, and historical approaches, as well as research advancing methodologies.
- In addition to original research, JAC publishes commentaries - both scholarly and professional - that address pertinent topics and reviews of books, software, and other technologies.
About This Digital Edition
Volumes on this site represent content from 1969 - present. Volume 52 (1969) - vol. 61, no. 2 (Apr-June 1978) were published as ACE. From vol. 61, no. 3 (Oct-Nov. 1979) - vol. 73 (1989), the journal was known as ACE Quarterly (ISSN 0884-9293). It changed titles to Journal of Applied Communications (ISSN 1051-0834 (print); 2476-1362 (electronic) in 1990 with volume 74.